LiveStories will start taking new applications for
Thurston County Rent Assistance starting May 2, 2022.
Thurston County Rent Assistance has moved from the Community Action Council to be operated by a company called LiveStories. LiveStories was selected to operate Thurston County Rent Assistance due to their experience with the program and ability to re-open the program quickly and efficiently. LiveStories has contracts related to the rent assistance program with several other jurisdictions and organizations in our state.
THURSTON COUNTY RENT ASSISTANCE WILL OPEN TO NEW APPLICATIONS ON MAY 2, 2022
On May 2, 2022, the website for the online applications will be announced to this email list and made available on the Thurston County Rent Assistance website: bit.ly/TCRentAssistance
· The application process through LiveStories begins with the online application.
· LiveStories will contact the applicant after the application is received. This application process is not appointment based.
· Thurston County renters without access to Internet and email, can work with one of the local partner organizations (listed below) to submit their application.
· If you received rent assistance from Community Action Council in the past, you will need to apply as a new client with LiveStories to get set up in their system.
LIVESTORIES IS CURRENTLY COMPLETING EXISTING APPLICATIONS
The staff members at LiveStories are continuing to complete the applications that were transferred from the Community Action Council.
· Those who had an appointment with Community Action Council that was canceled due to the suspension/pause will get an email with access to apply starting April 25, 2022.
LOCAL PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
The following partner organizations are available to help their clients and the communities they serve in Thurston County apply for rent assistance when the program opens to new applicants:
· Family Support Center of South Sound serves families.
· CIELO serves the refugee and immigrant community.
· SafePlace Olympia serves community members experiencing and surviving domestic violence.
· Innovations HTC serves the Indigenous/Native American community and survivors of human trafficking.
· Senior Services for South Sound serves seniors age 60+. (new partner, not yet operational)
· Thurston County Office of Housing & Homeless Prevention serves referral clients from the Dispute Resolution Center and applicants without access or ability to apply online. (new partner, not yet operational)
OTHER HOUSING PROGRAMS
Thurston County continues to have active contracts with CACLMT for rapid rehousing and Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) clients. CACLMT also remains the Coordinated Entry provider, under sub-contract with Family Support Center of South Sound for single adults.
A MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY
Thurston County acknowledges that the sudden suspension of the rent assistance program caused a great deal of stress, anxiety and upset in the community. We’re deeply sorry that this transition had these impacts. We look forward to continuing to offer Thurston County Rent Assistance with LiveStories.
Rent Assistance Update – 03-31-22
News Release 03-08-2022
Rent Assistance Update – 03-02-22
Thurston County Rent Assistance