Treasury Rent Assistance Program (T-RAP)
As of 8/31/2021, 120 applications approved
TOTAL Rent Assistance $980,218.60 Utility Assistance $46,206.01
The Treasury Rent Assistance Program (T-RAP) Grant is part of Washington State’s response to the COVID-19 disaster, intended to prevent evictions that would contribute to the spread of the virus by paying past due, current due and future rent, targeting limited resources to those with the greatest needs while working to distribute funds equitably.
Innovations Human Trafficking Collaborative is proud to be one of the Partner Organizations for this program. For more information and ways to apply, contact us at 833-201-0940 then press 2 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mon – Fri (10am – 6pm PDT).
(A renter in a household in which at least one or more individuals meets the following criteria)
- Must be a resident of Thurston County
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experience a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experience a financial hardship due to COVID-19;
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 % of area median
Eligible households that include an individual who has been unemployed for 90 days prior to application for assistance and households with income at or below 50% of area median are prioritized for assistance.
Household income is determined as either the household’s total income for calendar year 2020 or the household monthly income at the time application.
- Eligible households may receive up to 12 months of assistance, plus an additional 3 months if needed
- Arrears must be paid first before future rent payments considered
- Only total owed may be paid on the household’s behalf
The T-RAP Guidelines Questions & Answers (Q&A) are posted on the Commerce website : https://www.commerce.wa.gov/serving-communities/homelessness/cares-act-and-state-rent-assistance/